Brighton Homes offers busy landlords a full range of property management services. And, when we say full, we really do mean it. If you retain us to rent out your property, there’s literally nothing that you need to do on a day-to-day basis. We’ll take care of everything.
Your duty as a landlord
Whether you’re an experienced landlord or just starting out, Brighton Homes can help. Large houses, small studios and everything in between – all properties have to be let correctly. And, the tenancy must be managed carefully. Not only does the law require you to adhere to certain procedures, you’ll recognise your duty of care to them, as well as an obligation of consideration and respect.
Brighton Homes focuses solely on property lettings. It’s a sector we know and understand inside out, back to front and sideways! We have all the expertise and experience you need.
Full Property Management Services. How Can Brighton Homes Help?
It’s quite a long list, as you can see. We will:
- Advise you on the most appropriate and best rental valuation.
- Market your property through Rightmove, Prime Location and Property Finder. We’ll create clear descriptions and we have an in-house photography service, too.
- Meet each applicant at your property and take them through everything they need to know.
- Take out full reference and credit checks.
- Draw up the tenancy agreement.
- Collect your tenant’s deposit and register it with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Meet the new tenant at the property on the day they move in.
- Liaise with a third-party inventory specialist who will advise on the fixtures, fittings and any other important property-related aspects, including all meter readings.
- Set up your new tenant’s rental standing order and organise all advance payments.
- Arrange regular property inspections. These will generally take place every 3 months for up to a year; then every 6 months, eventually extending to every 9 months if the tenant remains for more than 3 years.
- Effect any property repairs and deal with all maintenance enquiries. Did you know that Brighton Homes has long-standing working relationships with a plumbing and gas contractor and an electrician? This saves time, minimises costs and with prompt action, maximises the value in your property.
- Unlike many letting agents, we never close – at least that applies to our property management department. It operates 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With an out of hours service, your tenant will be fully supported should there be an emergency in the property – for example a gas leak or a serious issue with the water.
- Negotiate any tenancy renewals and take care of all the paperwork. We keep up to speed with all the ever-changing legislation – so you don’t have to.
- Should your tenant default on the rent, our accounts department will liaise with a debt collection agency if necessary. We also work with a solicitor, should matters need to escalate.
At the end of the tenancy, we’ll arrange an assessment of the condition of the property, organise the return of your tenant’s deposit and can deal with any issues that arise.
Moving forwards, we’re happy to start the whole lettings process for you from scratch.
Contact Brighton Homes today for more information. We’re here to make your life easier.