PROTECTING YOUR HOME FROM STORMS
Winds strong enough to cause damage to property are fairly rare in the UK. If a severe weather warning is issued in your area it is a good idea to take some precautions. Read on to find out our top tips for preparing for a storm.
TOP TIPS FOR TENANTS DEALING WITH STORMS
BEFORE THE STORM
1. Keep your guttering, drainpipes and overflow pipes clear of debris and leaves and check they’re securely attached to the building.
2. Securely fix your TV aerial so that it doesn’t come loose in high winds.
3. Bring inside or securely tie down your garden furniture and any other loose items in your garden.
4. Check loose branches or damaged trunks of trees on or near your property.
5. Put any valuables in a safe place.
6. Listen to the radio and TV and follow any advice from the emergency services.
Let us know if you need assistance with the above.
AFTER THE STORM
1. If the storm causes damage to your home or business, contact our 24 hour property management department as soon as possible – we’re here to help.
2. If you’re clearing up debris from storm damage that you want to claim for, leave it in the garden or take photographs as evidence, let us know and we will organise to come and collet it.
3. Take a good look at your roof and check for loose or missing tiles. If you spot any damage, contact us straight away for further advice.We will also get the repair carried out within 4 hours of your call
4. If you need emergency repairs to make your building weatherproof and secure, make sure you contact us as soon as possible.
Brighton Homes dedicated to providing our tenants and landlords with the care they deserve 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.